Road Trip Pt. 4 - Nampa, Idaho


June 1, 2007 - Friday
Category: Travel and Places

It's been a few days because we are staying at Gem State Academy in the dorm, and they don't have internet. So I am using free wireless at Moxie Java (after buying an ice cream) due to Donnie's recommendation.

Anyway, we got in Wednesday night, after visiting an old friend of Mom's in Mountain Home, ID. Yesterday I spent the day wandering around town, checking it out and seeing what kind of job opportunities and housing ideas there were around. There seems to be quite a bit in the area, and housing isn't too bad, although it's not super cheap either. Been hanging out with a girl named Jamie that Donnie introduced me to by phone, and she's helped a lot with ideas of stuff. If she ever reads this..thanks Jamie! You're awesome! Great to have a connection out here, and especially a fellow outdoors-woman! We played racquetball last night with another church member, and it was heaps of fun, although I didn't have the proper shoes and kept sliding around a bit.

Today Mom and I are headed up to Bogus Basin to do a little hiking. Tonight we'll stay at Jamie's and maybe check out a nearby hot springs. After church tomorrow, we'll head up to Walla Walla to see my grandma up there.

That's a good summary. Obviously a lot going on in my mind and a lot of prayer. And thankfully I have the whole summer to really think and pray about it! But I am confident and comforted that God will make it clear and will show me the way as I blaze the trail of my own life.

Comments

Popular Posts