Road Trip Pt. 3 - Rawlins, WY


May 29, 2007 - Tuesday
Category: Travel and Places

It's getting late, so my creative writing skills probably won't be quite up to par, or do full justice to the amazing scenery we saw today. I am planning on putting up some pictures on here, but it's not letting me upload at the moment, so I'll get to that later this week.

Now, as for the adventure of Rocky Mountain National Park. It was stunning, of course. However, we did miss quite a bit of scenery due to foul weather. Very rainy, and later, very snowy. We had to miss Trail Ridge Road, which I was really looking forward to, along with the back way up to Wyoming, because it was too snowy and icy up there. Even the part before where we had to turn around looked like blizzard conditions, although the snow was super wet. Mom and I were hard core about it though, and took a couple walks anyway--a few with the wet snow blasting our faces. On one such short venture, mom suddenly yelled, "LOOK!" and all the elk that she was wanting me to look at which were close by started taking off. So much for co-existing with nature. :) Got a few pictures of them anyway, and then figured it might not be real safe to hang around too long.

I think what amazed me most about the Rockies was the weather itself. How unpredictable and yet beautiful it was. I think that is what is so exciting and wonderful about the mountains--they are so wild! No one can really say what will happen next--thunderstorm, snowstorm, sunshine, every-day clouds...And encountering its unpredictable wildness is to be reminded of the Mountain-Maker, and all His beauty and glory and wildness. Perhaps the unpredictability of my own life can also be a unique blessing in its own way and time.

Comments

Popular Posts