Internet Miracle!


June 15, 2007 - Friday                  
Category: Life

The coolest thing happened this week! A little background first...I guess I have kind of been plateued a bit spiritually, as we all do at one time or another, but have been reading this book lately called "God is Closer Than You Think," by John Ortberg, and it's awesome. It's basically about finding God in normal, everyday life. It really reminded me that I can invite God into every part of my ordinary day--from getting up in the morning to driving to working to whatever. Well, I've been practicing that a bit. Definitely haven't gotten it all worked out, and I forget a lot of the time. But a lot of times worries will come up, and I'll just pass them on to God and tell Him about it. One is finding enough money for this summer, since I'm only working part time, and haven't found an extra job yet.

So here's the real story: I decided this week that i was going to have to give up my internet here at my apartment, to cut down on costs. It was a little slow anyway since I'm too cheap to get more than dial-up, and I already have high-speed at work. I'd just been putting it off until I had the time to look up the numbers. Anyway, last night I opened my computer (it's a laptop), and it asked me if I wanted to join a wireless network. It's done that before, but usually it's only a few bars and the network is always blocked. But for some reason, I decided to try it anyway. And behold, there were (and are) full signal bars and was NOT blocked! I have free wireless internet in my apartment and I don't even know where it's coming from! (I also don't know how long it will last, but that's ok. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...)

That might seem like just a little, random story, but to me it says God really DOES care and IS present in my ordinary life, and He can provide little gifts to encourage me and let me know He loves me and will take care of everything in His own way.

I cancelled my phone and dial-up internet today. :)

Comments

Popular Posts