He Could Start With the Purse


July 5, 2007 - Thursday                  
Current mood:  recumbent
Category: Religion and Philosophy

Another every-day miracle in my world today.

It all started yesterday. Taco Bell is a good place. But not a good place to leave a purse, which is what I did yesterday afternoon. Yes, I know--a good way to celebrate the Fourth of July. Free debit cards for everyone! But naturally, the 5% blonde in me didn't even notice until today--this evening in fact. But thankfully, the genius in me (or at least God saving me a few steps in my brain) had a big hunch right away that the last time I'd seen it was Taco Bell yesterday. But nothing was for certain. After all, most restaurants will call you when they find your purse. (Yep, it has happened before). But it had been a day and a half, and no one had called.

After hearing from my dad that he would stop by Taco Bell in Calhoun and check for me, since it's quite a drive for me from Chattanooga, I called my mom at home and lamented my misfortune. She had already looked around the house, just in case. She didn't let me lament long, however, before she determined we should pray about it. I had thought about that, but lately it just sometimes seems like my prayers aren't being answered, or at least all that quickly, and it kind of makes it hard to pray for things, especially for myself. So I was glad she suggested it and was willing to pray with me about it. We chatted a bit, and mom said she felt sure God would find it for me. I said I wished He'd find a lot for me right now, but He could start with the purse. Soon, the phone beeped, and it was dad calling in.

"The watermelon is in the creek." he said. Translated: God found the missing purse! So I called all my friends and celebrated, for what was lost is now found...well, not exactly. But if God was trying to make a point by all but interrupting my challenge about His capability of figuring out my life--He did a pretty good job. And even if He still takes a long time to answer my other prayers, I'm sure glad to have my purse back!

Comments

Popular Posts